Monday, September 11, 2006

A Patriot's Letter to the World on 9/11

The United States of America. Still, to this day, as an adult in my forties, I find those words as awe inspiring as I did when I first began to understand their meaning as a child. I still swell with pride when I see the red, white, and blue waving in the wind. I still feel "chills" when our national anthem is played, and I stand at attention with my hand over my heart or salute when I am in uniform.

When I was a child, my mother and father taught me, even the schools taught me, the importance of being an American. I grew to understand that the red in our flag is a constant reminder that the color of bravery, and the defense of our freedom, is all too often the color of blood.

As grew up, I began to understand the stories my father told of the terrible years he and so many of his generation spent at war. I understood how they sacrificed their lives, or bore a heavy burden to defend not only America, but also the entire world from the grip of the Nazis.

I grew to love, passionately, my homeland and the abundance of gifts that god has given us in it. I felt safe knowing that we had become the most powerful, the freest, and the most prosperous nation in the history of the world. And, I began to understand how we had become that way.

I also understand that many of you, in the rest of the world cannot understand the feelings of an American Patriot. However, you should read and understand the following quote from one of our Forefathers:

Benjamin Franklin once said, "We've spawned a new race here... Rougher, simpler; more violent, more enterprising; less refined. We're a new nationality. We require a new nation."

Indeed, these things that Franklin attributed to us in 1776, hold true to this day. This is why we have received this gift of prosperity. This is why we are the most powerful nation on earth. This is why our warriors are the most formidable the world has ever known. This is why no one can stand up to us on the battlefield.

Do not be fooled by the curtain of deception the media tries to draw across us. Think about that flag with the red on it waving in the wind. It is true that we are slow to anger, because we cherish peace and are a compassionate people. Yet, if you insist on opening a can of that red paint, we are more than willing to paint with it.

Best regards,

An American Patriot


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]