Sunday, August 27, 2006

Letter To Sears

Recently I took my daughter shopping for school clothing at one of your stores in New Jersey. While shopping there, I became increasingly annoyed at the fact that I had to make an effort to find signs and posted information in ENGLISH. This was particularly true at the cash registers.

Not only am I annoyed, I am offended. There was a time when Sears & Roebuck, and now Sears, was an icon of American culture. Now, it appears you have joined the ranks of those who are working diligently to dissolve what our parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles have fought so diligently for, and suffered and died for. You dishonor those who have sacrificed so much to preserve our culture, borders and way of life.

You dishonor all those who immigrated to this country legally, and struggled to learn our language so that they could contribute to our culture and society, without receiving handouts or demanding that we change our way of life to accommodate them.

Sears should be a beacon of the American way. But it is not. This country has given you so much. Your company has prospered here in a way that would not have been possible elsewhere. You have a moral duty to help preserve that, which nurtured you.

I will not shop at your store until you revert to English only. I will also encourage others to do the same.


Comments:
SEARS IS NOT AS GOOD AS IT USED TO BE. HOWEVER, ABOUT A YEAR AGO, I READ THAT THEY DO MAKE SURE ANY GUARD MEMEBER CALLED TO ACTIVE DUTY STILL HAS A JOB WHEN THEY GET BACK HOME. I'M NOT SURE IF THAT'S FOR JUST A 2 YEAR TOUR OR LONGER. BUT, IT'S ENOUGH TO KEEP ME SUPPORTING THEM THE FEW TIMES I FIND IT NECESSARY TO GO THERE.
 
State and Federal Law pretty much insures that their jobs are kept waiting for them. It is not done out of the goodness of their heart.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]